Policies and Procedures
Criteria and Procedure
PAC-TE accepts sponsors for conferences and other association-related events when the proposed sponsor’s mission and activities are consistent with the mission and activities of PACTE. Acceptance of a sponsor does not convey PAC-TE’s endorsement of that sponsor or the sponsor’s activities.
Sponsorship approval is obtained through the following procedure:
- “Sponsor Approval Form” is completed by Sponsorship Committee and submitted electronically to the PAC-TE Executive Director.
- PAC-TE Executive Director distributes completed form electronically to members of the PAC-TE Executive Committee.The Executive Committee will make a decision for approval or non-approval.
- Executive Director communicates decision to Sponsorship Committee and proposed sponsor.
- If decision is to approve, Executive Director will work with proposed sponsor to arrange for payment and logistical details for the sponsored event.
- Materials that the sponsor wishes to use (e.g., print ads, signs) need to be approved by the Executive Director, in consultation with the Executive Committee.
Two types of sponsorships are available: (a) General and (b) Targeted
- General Sponsorships
Funds generated by general sponsorships are used to offset costs associated with PAC-TE’s fall and spring conferences or other association-related activities. Sponsors are solicited from Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs), professional organizations or associations, educationrelated businesses, organizations that engage in education-related philanthropy, or individuals. A letter and follow-up communications from PAC-TE’s President (approved in advance by the Executive Committee) is sent by the Executive Director once per year to potential sponsors requesting them to donate according to the following three levels:
- Gold: $500 or more
- Silver: $250 to $499
- Bronze: $100 to $249
General sponsors are listed in event-related materials (e.g., Fall TEA program). General sponsors are invited to provide their own appropriate signage at events if they wish. Signage must be approved in advance by the Executive Director, in consultation with the Executive Committee.
- Platinum (Targeted) Sponsorships
Platinum sponsorships are solicited to support specific (or targeted) events or materials associated with PAC-TE’s fall and spring conferences or other association-related activities such as the following:
- Member lunch
- Refreshment breaks
- Dessert bar
- Awards dinner
- Founders Lecture (Fall TEA)
- KCEA Luncheon (Fall TEA)
- Printed program
- Journal ads
- Publicity items
- PAC-TE publications
Once per year, a comprehensive list of all possible targeted sponsorship opportunities and associated costs is compiled by the Sponsorship Committee, in consultation with the Executive Director. A letter and follow-up communications describing targeted sponsorship opportunities is sent from the PAC-TE President (with Executive Committee approval) by the Executive Director.
Platinum sponsors are noted in event-related materials (e.g., Fall TEA program) and are permitted to distribute advertising materials at the sponsored event. Platinum sponsors are invited to provide their own appropriate signage (subject to advance approval) at sponsored events if they wish.
Two specific Platinum Sponsorship opportunities are available:
- PAC-TE Founders Lecture – A keynote presentation at the Fall TEA in honor of the founding members of PAC-TE.
- KCEA Luncheon – An annual luncheon at the Fall TEA hosted by the PAC-TE Board of Directors for representatives of member associations of KCEA (Keystone Consortium of Education Associations).The KCEA Luncheon is sponsored by a nonprofit organization that is interested in higher education or K-12 education.