PAC-TE is a nonprofit professional association for all those in Pennsylvania who are engaged in the preparation and development of professional educators. PAC-TE is dedicated to providing strong advocacy for professional education preparation within the commonwealth.
The purpose of PAC-TE as the voice for professional educator preparation in Pennsylvania is to promote quality professional educator preparation programs and to provide opportunity for individual professional growth for all persons in Pennsylvania engaged in professional educator preparation.
PAC-TE welcomes individual, institutional, student, and retired members.
Each year more than 70 Pennsylvania institutions of higher education join PAC-TE, appointing over 250 member representatives. In addition to those members, over 80 individuals join PAC-TE annually - - faculty, administrators, students, retirees, and basic education partners who want to connect to their professional colleagues. Consequently PAC-TE is the unified voice of professional educator preparation in Pennsylvania.
• promoting quality programs of professional educator preparation;
• working with professional colleagues who are dedicated to the concept of education for all children and youth;
• collaborating with professionals who believe that the quality of education depends upon the effectiveness of those who teach and support teaching;
• advocating the improvement of professional educator performance and professional educator preparation programs;
• providing opportunities for the individual professional growth of all persons who are concerned with professional educator preparation; and
• serving various councils and committees of national, state, and local government and professional associations in the ongoing effort to improve the professional status and image of professional educator preparation.
• providing a variety of forums for discussion of issues that are of concern to all who are engaged in professional educator preparation;
• serving as a unified, collective voice for professional educator preparation in Pennsylvania;
• facilitating and coordinating the development of teacher education associations and the individual professional development of teacher educators and other professional educators; and
• maintaining its role as one of the most active and supportive state affiliates of ATE and AACTE.