Why Join PAC-TE?
PAC-TE very much needs your individual, institutional, or associate membership on an ongoing basis so that the association may continue to be a viable influence in the preparation of teachers and educational leaders within our state and through our involvement with ATE and AACTE.
In addition, we provide valuable services for members:
Regular, ongoing representation at and reports from meetings of the State Board of Education and hearings relevant to the field of professional educator preparation
Communication with and updates from the Pennsylvania Department of Education and PA legislative education committees
- Electronic newsletters and memos on current PAC-TE news, services, conferences, advocacy, state legislative and policy developments
- Links to national, state, institution and association resources
- Position announcements – view the announcements or post your own
Sponsorship of the three-day Teacher Education Assembly, the state's most inclusive and comprehensive professional development meeting for teacher educators
Sponsorship of a one-day Spring Conference dealing with current teacher preparation issues and concerns
- Publication of the annual PAC-TE journal, "Pennsylvania Teacher Educator," now accepting manuscripts for its 16th volume.
- Recognition of the prestigious PAC-TE Teacher Educator of the Year and Friend of Education – consider nominating a colleague or supporter
- Opportunities to serve the field and the association:
- Board of Directors
- Committee Membership and Leadership
- Division Leadership and Networking
- Conference presentations and support