Pennsylvania Teacher Educator
Call for Manuscripts
Deadline: July 20, 2021
The Pennsylvania Association of Colleges and Teacher Educators publishes a yearly journal — the Pennsylvania Teacher Educator. Our journal is intended to provide PAC-TE members with a venue to capture current research, advances, and changes in the emerging directions of teacher education. Publication decisions are made following a blind review process.
The following factors are taken into consideration in manuscript review --
- Is the manuscript timely for many PAC-TE members?
- Will the manuscript be useful to many PAC-TE members?
- Will the manuscript be interesting to many PAC-TE members?
- Is the manuscript clear and concise?
- Is the manuscript well written?
- Does the manuscript contain new insights/information?
- Does the manuscript support the claims that are made with evidence?
- Does the manuscript use relevant current literature?
Manuscripts must be submitted online --
Send your completed manuscript for consideration to Jason Hilton at: email@example.com no later than February 15, 2019.
Submission Guidelines --
- Manuscripts should be no more than 12 pages of narrative (exclusive of references, tables, and appendices), using the latest APA style, and double-spaced with one-inch margins.
- A cover page should include the title of the article, a brief (no more than 50-word) abstract, the name, position, place of employment, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, and a 2-3 sentence description of background and experience of each author.
- The title of the article should also appear on page 1 of the manuscript, but do not include the name(s) of the author(s) on page 1.
- Pages should be numbered consecutively, including the bibliography, but the author’s name should not appear on the manuscript itself.
- Charts or illustrative material will be accepted if space permits. Such materials must be camera-ready. Photographs will usually not be used, unless they are black and white and of high quality.
- Authors are expected to take full responsibility for the accuracy of the content in their articles, including references, quotations, tables, and figures. The editorial board reserves the right to edit articles accepted for publication.
- Authors of manuscripts accepted for publication are asked to sign a copyright release to PAC-TE. This allows PAC-TE to publish the information in the Pennsylvania Teacher Educator, to publish the information in future PAC-TE publications, and to grant permission to persons or organizations that formally request the right to reprint the material in whole or in part.
- Authors of manuscripts accepted for publication are also expected to make a presentation about their article at the PAC-TE Teacher Education Assembly in October.
There is no remuneration for articles accepted for publication. The entire journal and its contents will be published on the PAC-TE "Members" website prior to the annual Teacher Education Assembly. There is no fee for the review of the manuscript.