Welcome to PAC-TE
PAC-TE is a nonprofit professional association for all those in Pennsylvania who are engaged in the preparation and development of professional educators.
PAC-TE is dedicated to providing strong advocacy for professional educator preparation within the Commonwealth.
The purpose of PAC-TE as the voice for professional educator preparation in Pennsylvania is to promote quality professional educator preparation programs and to provide opportunity for individual professional growth for all persons in Pennsylvania engaged in professional educator preparation.
- March 15 – Deadline for submission of articles for the Teacher Educator Journal (send articles to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Interested in being a reviewer for the journal? (Go to pac-te.org, click on “member area” and select “journal manuscript reviewer – volunteer”)
- For information on submission of journal articles, click here.
- March 1 – 31 – Submission of session proposals and grad/faculty poster session for the 2020 Teacher Educator Assembly (TEA)…NOTE: start NOW to develop your submission…DON’T WAIT!!!! (CLICK HERE FOR SUBMISSION APPLICATION)
- April 1 – May 15 – Review of TEA proposals for sessions and grad/faculty posters
- April 15 -- Deadline for Executive Directors' Scholarship submissions
- CANCELED - April 16 – PAC-TE Spring Conference at the Penn Stater
- May 1 -- Deadline for Professional Achievement Awards submissions
- CANCELED -May 1 – 2 – National Student Teaching Supervision Conference at West Chester University (www.nstsc.org)
- CANCELED - May 6, 2020 -- Teacher Education Day at the Capitol
- May 31 – acceptance/rejection of proposals for sessions and grad/faculty posters sent out
- June 1 – November 1 -- Renew your PAC-TE membership and/or the membership of your institution for 2019-2020
- September 8 – 30 -- submissions open for grad/faculty poster session at the TEA
- October 28 – 30 – 49th Annual Teacher Educator Conference (TEA) -- WATCH THIS SPACE FOR REGISTRATION INFORMATION
The PAC-TE Journal (a peer-reviewed publication) is now available (including back issues). Please click here for access.
PAC-TE Strategic Plan
The Board of Directors of PAC-TE approved a new strategic plan in April, 2019. PAC-TE's Strategic Plan is organized around four major areas: Administration, Membership Expansion, Expansion Engagement,and Advocacy.
Click here for the PDE memo, Initial Guidance on Expanding Special Education Grade Spans.
PAC-TE is a state unit of AACTE
PAC-TE is a state unit of ATE
Given the speed with which the COVID-19 situation has accelerated and continues to develop each day, the PAC-TE Board of Directors and Executive Committee have made the decision to cancel the Spring Conference at Penn State on April 16. At this point, I imagine our attention and energies are needed elsewhere – on our own campuses, schools, or agencies as we execute plans to contain or mitigate the virus; on providing guidance to teacher candidates as they face uncertainty about their ability to make progress in their programs; and on our own families as we try to keep them safe and healthy.
Given how fluid the situation has become, we have not had conversations about refunds. When that information is available, we will share with you as soon as we can.
I want to recognize the hard work of the planning committee, a group who has completed a great deal of planning and preparatory work for the conference. I am very sorry all your good work is being dashed.
In the meantime, be safe and healthy. Everything each of us does to take care of ourselves during this crisis helps everyone around us to also remain healthy and safe.
All overnight reservations for the PAC-TE Conference made in the group room block (PACT20A) at the Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel have been automatically canceled. If you know anyone who did not receive this confirmation, or should you have any questions, please have them call Penn State Hospitality Services at 1-800-233-7505 and ask for a cancellation confirmation.
George Drake, President
March 1 – 31, 2020
The 2020 (49th) Annual Teacher Educator Assembly (October 28-30 at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel & Conference Center) is now taking proposal submissions. Please click on the following link, complete the proposal submission form, and click “submit” to have your proposal considered for the Assembly.
DEADLINE for proposal submissions is midnight, March 31, 2020.
Review of proposals will take place between April 1 and May 15 with notice of acceptance/rejection going out May 31, 2020.