Welcome to PAC-TE
PAC-TE is a nonprofit professional association for all those in Pennsylvania who are engaged in the preparation and development of professional educators.
PAC-TE is dedicated to providing strong advocacy for professional educator preparation within the Commonwealth.
The purpose of PAC-TE as the voice for professional educator preparation in Pennsylvania is to promote quality professional educator preparation programs and to provide opportunity for individual professional growth for all persons in Pennsylvania engaged in professional educator preparation.
- February 1 – 29 – Election of officers - THE POLLS ARE OPEN!!, Click here, sign in and vote in the 2020 PAC-TE election.
- March 15 – Deadline for submission of articles for the Teacher Educator Journal (send articles to email@example.com)
- Interested in being a reviewer for the journal? (Go to pac-te.org, click on “member area” and select “journal manuscript reviewer – volunteer”)
- For information on submission of journal articles, click here.
- March 1 – 31 – Submission of session proposals and grad/faculty poster session for the 2020 Teacher Educator Assembly (TEA)…NOTE: start NOW to develop your submission…DON’T WAIT!!!! (WATCH THIS SPACE FOR SUBMISSION APPLICATION)
- April 1 – May 15 – Review of TEA proposals for sessions and grad/faculty posters
- April 15 -- Deadline for Executive Directors' Scholarship submissions
- April 16 – PAC-TE Spring Conference at the Penn Stater (Click here to register). To make your hotel reservations, visit www.thepennstater.psu.edu
and use the code PACT20A.
- May 1 -- Deadline for Professional Achievement Awards submissions
- May 1 – 2 – National Student Teaching Supervision Conference at West Chester University (www.nstsc.org)
- May 6, 2020 -- Teacher Education Day at the Capitol
- May 31 – acceptance/rejection of proposals for sessions and grad/faculty posters sent out
- June 1 – November 1 -- Renew your PAC-TE membership and/or the membership of your institution for 2019-2020
- September 8 – 30 -- submissions open for grad/faculty poster session at the TEA
- October 28 – 30 – 49th Annual Teacher Educator Conference (TEA) -- WATCH THIS SPACE FOR REGISTRATION INFORMATION
The PAC-TE Journal (a peer-reviewed publication) is now available (including back issues). Please click here for access.
PAC-TE Strategic Plan
The Board of Directors of PAC-TE approved a new strategic plan in April, 2019. PAC-TE's Strategic Plan is organized around four major areas: Administration, Membership Expansion, Expansion Engagement,and Advocacy.
Click here for the PDE memo, Initial Guidance on Expanding Special Education Grade Spans.
PAC-TE is a state unit of AACTE
PAC-TE is a state unit of ATE
PAC-TE SPRING CONFERENCE
April 16, 2020
HELP, We Need Somebody: The Charge To Recruit and Retain
Diverse Teacher Candidates As a Matter of Equity in
Our Classrooms, Colleges, and Communities!
The 2020 (49th) Annual Teacher Educator Assembly (October 28-30 at the Best Western Premier, the Central Hotel & Conference Center) will be taking proposal submissions as of March 1. Please click on the link (which will be provided on March 1), complete the proposal submission form, and click “submit” to have your proposal considered for the Assembly.
DEADLINE for proposal submissions is midnight, March 31, 2020.
Review of proposals will take place between April 1 and May 15 with notice of acceptance/rejection going out May 31, 2020.