Welcome to PAC-TE
PAC-TE is a nonprofit professional association for all those in Pennsylvania who are engaged in the preparation and development of professional educators.
PAC-TE is dedicated to providing strong advocacy for professional educator preparation within the Commonwealth.
The purpose of PAC-TE as the voice for professional educator preparation in Pennsylvania is to promote quality professional educator preparation programs and to provide opportunity for individual professional growth for all persons in Pennsylvania engaged in professional educator preparation.
UPCOMING PAC-TE EVENTS
DATES TO KNOW/MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- December 20, 2019 – Deadline for applications for Associate Editors of the Teacher Educator Journal (the PAC-TE Journal).For additional information, contact email@example.com
- February 1 – 29 – Election of officers - For information on those running for PAC-TE offices, click here.
- February 15 – Deadline for submission of articles for the Teacher Educator Journal (send articles to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Interested in being a reviewer for the journal? (Go to pac-te.org, click on “member area” and select “journal manuscript reviewer – volunteer”)
- For information on submission of journal articles, click here.
- March 1 – 31 – Submission of session proposals and grad/faculty poster session for the 2020 Teacher Educator Assembly (TEA)…NOTE: start NOW to develop your submission…DON’T WAIT!!!! (WATCH THIS SPACE FOR SUBMISSION APPLICATION)
- April 1 – May 15 – Review of TEA proposals for sessions and grad/faculty posters
- April 16 – PAC-TE Spring Conference at the Penn Stater (WATCH THIS SPACE FOR REGISTRATION INFORMATION)
- May 1 – 2 – National Student Teaching Supervision Conference at West Chester University (www.nstsc.org)
- Early May – Teacher Education Day in Harrisburg (WATCH THIS SPACE FOR DATE AND DETAILS)
- May 31 – acceptance/rejection of proposals for sessions and grad/faculty posters sent out
- June 1 – November 1 -- Renew your PAC-TE membership and/or the membership of your institution for 2019-2020
- September 8 – 30 -- submissions open for grad/faculty poster session at the TEA
- October 28 – 30 – 49th Annual Teacher Educator Conference (TEA) -- WATCH THIS SPACE FOR REGISTRATION INFORMATION
The PAC-TE Journal (a peer-reviewed publication) is now available (including back issues) to members. Please click here for access.
PAC-TE Strategic Plan
The Board of Directors of PAC-TE approved a new strategic plan in April, 2019. PAC-TE's Strategic Plan is organized around four major areas: Administration, Membership Expansion, Expansion Engagement,and Advocacy.
Click here for the PDE memo, Initial Guidance on Expanding Special Education Grade Spans.
PAC-TE is a state unit of AACTE
PAC-TE is a state unit of ATE
TEACHER EDUCATION ASSEMBLY (TEA)
OCTOBER 23-25, 2019 PHOTO HIGHLIGHTS
Graduate Assistants at work Keynote Speaker, Rebecca Burns
with Jodi Bornstein, Monique Alexander,
and Tom Conway
PDE Session with Jamal Wakeem Something new. . .collaboratives
President George Drake with Past President Sally Winterton with
conference chairs and keynote speaker Incoming President Gwen Price