COMPLETION OF THIS CHECKLIST WILL HELP YOU DETERMINE IF YOUR PROPOSAL IS COMPLETE AND MEETS ALL PROPOSAL GUIDELINES:
__DESCRIPTIVE TITLE - Does this title describe your session accurately for the conference audience?
__FORMAT OF SESSION - Did you check just one format? Does your session as described in the proposal sections #10 (objectives), #11 (description) and #12 (plans for participant involvement) match the format you checked?
__SESSION ORGANIZER/MAIN CONTACT PERSON - Have you included the name, institution, address, phone #, and email address for the session organizer? This is the person who will be listed first in the conference program and with whom the Executive Director will be in contact about all aspects of the TEA that pertain to your session.
__ADDITIONAL PRESENTERS - Have you included the names, institutions, addresses, phone #s, and email addresses for any additional presenters? These individuals will also be listed in the conference program, along with their institution(s). If you are including school district personnel, please list their school district rather than your institution.
__SESSION SYNOPSIS for CONFERENCE PROGRAM - Does the session synopsis accurately and clearly describe your session for the conference audience in 25 words or less? Please count your words. Your proposal will not be considered if the session synopsis is more than 25 words.
__BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH - Have you included a brief professional sketch of each session presenter? This information will be used by the presider of your session to introduce the presenters to the session participants.
FROM THIS POINT ON IN YOUR PROPOSAL DO NOT INCLUDE PRESENTER NAMES, INSTITUTIONS OR PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS. This is a blind review process. The reviewers will see only the description section. If you include presenter or institution information in this description section, your proposal will not be considered.
__DESCRIPTIVE TITLE - Did you repeat the information you provided in #1, describing your session accurately for the conference audience?
__FORMAT OF SESSION – Did you repeat the answer you provided in #2? Did you check just one format? Does your session as described in the proposal sections #10 (objectives), #11 (description) and #12 (plans for participant involvement) match the format you checked?
__ATE STANDARDS AND INDICATORS
- Did you check at least one and no more than three standards?
- For each standard you checked, did you check at least one and no more than three indicators?
- Does your proposal as described in the proposal section #10 (objectives), #11 (description) and #12 (plans for participant involvement) demonstrate educators or teachers or educational leaders demonstrating these standards in action?
__OBJECTIVES OF YOUR SESSION - Do the objectives clearly state what attendees of your session will know and be able to do as a result of participating in your session?
__DESCRIPTION OF YOUR SESSION -
- Does your description summarize how your session will address the conference theme and the ATE Standards and indicators chosen?
- Is your description organized and clear?
- Does your description reflect quality and current ideas in teacher and/or educational leader preparation?
- Is the content of your session described here appropriate for the PAC-TE conference audience of those who prepare teachers and/or educational leaders?
Is your description written in 400 words or less? Please count your words. Your proposal will not be considered if this summary is more than 400 words.
__PLANS FOR PARTICIPANT INVOLVEMENT IN YOUR SESSION - Have you described how you will involve the attendees in your session?